Tuesday, April 12, 2011

What about the groom?


As the bride, it is very easy to get wrapped up in all the planning for a wedding and to get excited about all the small details.  But as a groom, it can be hard to know your place, what you should do, or what you can do to help.  The Knot has a great article that is a groom's 12-month plan for what to do to get ready for the wedding.  Get ready to do everything from choosing registry items to planning the honeymoon to writing sweet "I love you" notes to your bride-to-be.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I don't think they had ideas like this when we were getting married! The plan only had a few steps - ask, ring, tux (or uniform in my case) and show up on time. I was lucky to just get those done in the right order.
    Seriously though, the biggest and best thing I did was the honeymoon. We drove to a B&B that night and I had a dozen roses waiting in the room. The next day we drove Skyline Drive on our way to the airport and then a week in Culebra, Puerto Rico. I think getting away immediately for a week alone was a great finish to a few stressful months of graduation followed by wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I hope you didn't ask Derek to comment, because he'll make us all look bad!

    ReplyDelete